Sunday: Don’t set your alarm day. Sit on the couch day. Watch an entire season of Modern Family with no shame day. What a beautiful day.
Here are five bits of sunshine for you on this fine Sunday:
1. Pretty Pillows: Okay, I admit it. I have too many throw pillows. Men hate them, and my ex hated them with a burning passion – so it’s only logical that I stock up. When I move downtown, I am selling my couches and getting a new sleeper sofa and chair. You didn’t expect me to use the same pillows on the new couch as the old couch, did you? You did? Oh, that’s sweet.
Here are my beautiful new pillows from West Elm:
And here they are together as a little pillow family. Precious.
2. Healthy Snacks that Feel Naughty: It’s not secret that dieting and I do not mix. If I am going to get into “singles shape,” I need to trick myself into it. This faux peach cobbler is one of my favorite ways of doing so. Take frozen peaches (no sugar added), microwave until they are warm and mushy, mix in a little maple syrup (natural sweetener, people – don’t be afraid) and top with some whole wheat bread crumbs. Sweet enough to be dessert, healthy enough to be a snack. And we all know that dessert is my favorite kind of snack.
3. OPI Nail Polish in Nantucket Mist: This almost didn’t make the list. Not because I don’t love it, but because I love it too much. And you know what those bastards at OPI did? They fucking discontinued it. It was dead before I could buy my own bottle.
This would have been a sore spot in my Sunday if I had not discovered a side-by-side comparison with the more affordable China Glaze knock-off version, still in circulation. Phew. Crisis avoided.
Anyway, I got a manicure in this shade and couldn’t stop staring at my nails. That is a huge accomplishment since my nails are notoriously short, stubby, and awkward-looking. Yes, I bite them. Don’t judge me.
Since my nails ressemble those of hobbits, I will show you the color on someone else’s:
(picture from here)
4. Repurposing Bad Memories: I have quite a few examples of this, but here is particularly fashionable one: my wedding shoes. Had everything worked out fine and dandy, I would put these babies on a pedestal in the middle of my house where I could properly admire their beauty. Since that didn’t happen, I wear them every fancy occasion I can.
It’s hard to explain how stomping around in these makes me feel. It’s almost like I am demeaning our wedding day, just like my ex did. That sounds depressing, but it’s rather empowering. See? I don’t care either. This is how much you mean to me now. STOMP STOMP STOMP.
(buy them here)
5. Happy Graffiti: I love my city (Austin, Texas). I am in the process of taking photos of some landmarks to put up in my new place. I will show you guys the full extent of my Austin photo shoot one of these days, but for now, look at this graffiti on the side on one of our buildings.
I dare you not to melt.
That’s all for today, my lovelies. Enjoy your day of rest!