Superbowl Sunday: the day we pretend to like the NFL so that we can make adorable themed snacks and watch commercials.
I really do enjoy a good superbowl party, which is why I’m sad I don’t get to go to one this year. I’ll be spending yet another Sunday at the airport en route to Chicago for a business trip. Delicious.
Speaking of delicious, here are a few things I am enamored with today (spoiler: none of them involve football).
1. Honesty. I love this chocolate bar from Urban Outfitters because it says exactly how I feel inside. I brought you Christmas fudge? Cookies for your birthday? Open that box and give me one, or we’re not friends anymore bi-atch. Love ya.
2. Trish McEvoy Make-Up Brushes. I have had these exact brushes for seven years now. I begged my mom to get me this set in high school, and I distinctly remember her warning: “You had better be using these damned things twenty years from now for how much they cost!”
Worth it. I love these babies.
3. Skiing. My very first time skiing was over Christmas break, and I am now braving the black diamonds! Of course, the longer black diamonds make me want to hyperventilate mid-slope and lie down in the snow, but I get through it.
I made the mistake of looking all the way down on my first big-girl black diamond yesterday. The rest of the descent was filled with rampant cursing and promises to myself that I could eat the leftover hot fudge if I made it down the
slope cliff alive.
I really do love it, though. So peaceful and active at the same time.
Can you believe this pic is from the window of my airplane?!
4. Funky Eyeshadow. I have green eyes, so I have a love affair with plum eyeshadows that draw them out. Once in a while, it’s nice to mix it up, though. When I was hung over in NYC, I took a break from work day to go buy make-up. (Can you believe the guy I stayed with the previous night didn’t have any I could borrow? Rude.)
Anyway, I blindly followed the salesman’s advice and bought these fun greens and yellows. I mean, come on, the guy used to do make-up for Xena, Warrior Princess. How can I not trust those kinds of credentials?
5. Strange Sex. Okay, this is one of those shows that reminds me of a car wreck. So awful… that I can’t look away. It was on last night, and we all watched two episodes. Sad thing is I had already seen both.
This show has got some seriously fucked up people. A girl with two vaginas, a dude who castrated himself, and a couple turned on by excess fat who set a goal of making the woman 1,000lbs and completely immobile… as a source of sexual pleasure.
Okay, you’re disgusted. But you’re also intrigued. Don’t lie to me, you wanna watch it.
Happy Commercial Sunday, my lovelies. Eat some extra goodies for me!