Look at these chalkboard frames and their empty white frame friends. They are fucking adorable, don’t try and tell me otherwise. Maybe they are not 100% straight, but I think it adds to the home-made charm.
These lovely items are currently adorning the red accent wall in my beautiful new home, but I bet you would never guess their orignal purpose. I actually made these long ago for the best and most beautiful party I have ever been to: my wedding. Here they are looking smashing on the chairs and tables:
I wish I had taken pictures of the whole process, but at the time I did not have the foresight to know that my marriage would have a quick and painful demise, leading to the creation of this glorious blog. Silly me. Must begin reading tarot cards.
From what I remember, here are the best instructions that I can give:
- Find assorted frames at goodwill, salvation army, Michael’s, etc.
- Purchase them. This step is important if you want to avoid arrest.
- Remove the backs and glass.
- Spray paint the frames whatever color you’d like (I have a penchant for white) and allow ample dry time.
- Take the glass that was in the frame and douse it in chalkboard spray paint. Do at least 2-3 coats. You can get the paint at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby, but it is in the locked up cabinet so that the employees don’t get high off of it or steal it to make their own fabulous chalkboard frames. Go figure.
- Re-assemble and go to town. Draw pretty patterns, love quotes, unicorns, rainbows, phallic shapes – whatever your heart desires.