Let’s start with the facts: I’ve been a procrastinating, ungrateful bitch. I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger award (twice!) and the Liebster Blog award (twice!) and proceeded to sit on my ass blogging about the teddy bear my mom sent me for Valentine’s Day instead of accepting & sharing these lovely awards.
I am ready to stop being selfish (at least on this matter – let’s not get crazy), and finally pass the love on to some bloggers who I very much enjoy, and I think you will, too.
I would like to begin by thanking my loyal nominators: Gluten-Free Zen and Life in the Farce Lane for the Versatile Blogger Award, and Baker Bettie and The Year of Wonderful Weekends for the Liebster.
THANK YOU GUYS! You will be rewarded with large goodie bags and small ponies very soon. Unless of course they get lost in the mail, which is totally not my fault. Just so you know.
There are a lot of rules for these, which I am reluctant to follow, but I will. Don’t get used to it, this is a special occasion.
First I have to tell you guys seven things about myself, as if you don’t already know way too much about my personal life.
- I got married on March 5, 2011. Remember that date because I expect you all to send flowers and sympathy cards.
- I’m afraid of birds. They are creepy and dirty and disgusting.
- I have asthma. Not really anymore, but I can tell you that nobody wanted me on their laser tag team during my childhood.
- My ex-husband was my first boyfriend. In a related story, I am an idiot.
- I am getting a new camera in March. Everyone get excited for the new and improved food porn.
- I have a creepy doll. I used to sleep with her when I was little, but now she sits in my closet just in case I need to scare someone off quickly.
- I always wanted to be a writer. I even made my parents buy me a typewriter when I was seven because I thought it was more official.
Now for the good part: I get to nominate other blogs who have likely already been nominated because I took so long responding. I’m not going to nominate my nominators. Not because I don’t love them, but because that would be cyclical and pointless. The blogs I nominate can take one or both awards. Whatever tickles their fancy.
These are just some of my favorite blogs to read. Enjoy them, love them, but don’t go getting too attached. You still need to read my blog, too. I’m very fragile and I need the love and attention.
People who are funnier than I am:
Life in the Boomer Lane recently discovered through Freshly Pressed.
Thoughts Appear hooked me on a rant about cookie dough.
Girl on the Contrary is already pretty widely known, but hilarious nonetheless.
A Confederacy of Spinsters is made up of three girls who I think would be my friends in real life. Our blogs are equally offensive, which makes me love them.
Adamsdaughter sometimes makes me pee my pants a little at work.
Snarky Snatch: maybe don’t read it at work. Or in front of children. But read it.
People who take better pictures of food than I do:
Movita Beaucoup is always drool-worthy.
Love + Cupcakes has got some great food porn sprinkled in. Like chocolate dipped potato chips.
Sweet Pea’s Kitchen has some super awesome desserts.
Fork and Beans: just found this one. What pretty pictures.